[ale] OT: 3D Printers, Walmart & CES

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 17:10:01 EST 2014

+1
> Dumped inkjets about 6 yrs ago. A good laser is much, much, much cheaper to run
> year after year for me. Toner doesn't dry out for many, many years. Whereas
> printing 30 pgs of taxes every year cost me about $40 - need new ink every time.
>
> Back in the 1990s, it was easier to refill and I did. only 1 mess. Also printed
> much more before getting larger monitors.
I have 2 or 3 inkjets in my basement... Epson & HP, and an HP
all-in-one. Now, for the last 3 years it has been my Samsung color Laser
Printer I got on sale.. CLP-315W wireless. Only problem is I can't get
the Samsung smartpanel to work with it wireless. Now I fill that tray
with 50+ sheets of paper & forget about it for a month! The wife can
print to it from her Ipad, life is good! Now she plays on her Ipad all
day/night and leaves the debian desktop all to ME:-)

--
Paul Cartwright