[ale] Close port

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 10:03:40 EST 2014

That's the "well behaved" process. I'm looking for a solution at the kernel
control level that can alter the list of ports the kernel manages for the
aberrant process that hangs with an open port and dies leaving it open. It
feels like a kernel bug to have an open port with no process attached.
Closing a port with the owning process still running would be a useful tool
for testing that process' response to a system failure.