[ale] Processor usage

Adrya Stembridge adrya.stembridge at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 16:49:28 EST 2014

A colleague and I were looking at some ontology data yesterday using java
via command line.  I noticed that CPU utilization averaged 99% on a system
with 24 cores.  The data processing is intense and time consuming.  We're
wondering if this could be sped up by forcing the machine to use more CPU
resources.    In the past, I've seen utilization reach around 1500% while
encoding video.

Is it possible (or safe) to instruct or force java to use more cores in
processing our data, or am I looking at this the wrong way?

as