[ale] ASUS RT series routers

Horkan Smith ale at horkan.net
Wed Feb 26 11:49:09 EST 2014

I have an ASUS RT-N13U.  I haven't gotten any emails from 'em, but they may just not have gotten to me yet....

Have you tried going to www.asus.com and digging through their support pages?  Or using the routers web page 'upgrade' uption?

I took a quick look from www.asus.com, and found this for the N66U:

Version  3.0.0.4.374.4561

Description 	ASUS RT-N66U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.4561

Security related issues:
- Force changing FTP from anonymous to account mode after firmware upgraded.
- Patched IPv6 user interface from Merlin's build.

UI
- Fixed IE and Firefox compatibility issues.
- Network map will show notification when newer firmware available.
- Fixed USB tray icon UI bug.

File Size
25,56 (MBytes) 	2014.02.21  update

Not sure if that helps or not...

I think I'd use the main asus web site path even if I knew Asus was notifying folks via email, just in case....

later!
   horkan