[ale] State & Federal tax filing on Linux

Horkan Smith ale at horkan.net
Wed Feb 26 08:57:53 EST 2014

I've used turbotax.com for several years now w/out problems, but I typically start a windows VM for it.

I tried it w/ Chromium on an Arch VM last weekend and had a browser freeze in one of the sections, then moved to Firefox on the same Arch VM.  I then saw some odd behavior importing from 3rd party services - it appeared to import everything but only showed one account in the final page.

It probably wasn't related to the browser or OS, but it made me nervous enough to crank the windows XP VM back up.  The issue *looked* the same there, but it turned out everything was imported correctly.

later!
   horkan