[ale] non-technical Linux question

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Mon Feb 17 11:30:52 EST 2014

I did work on Datapoint before UNIX and it had what it called DOS and Databus.   Before that I'd worked on IBM System 34 which was later upgraded to System 36.    Before all that I was doing electronic cash registers then before that electric ones that had a hand crank to use when the power was out not to mention the big ledger books you hand wrote your entries into for accounting.

The great thing about having started out with manual systems like those was later after all the namby pamby folks learned only computers I was still able to function when the computers were down and they weren't.

I did do some work on AS400 a few years back but wasn't happy about it.