[ale] backup/restore mail from USB external drive

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Wed Feb 12 21:04:01 EST 2014

On 02/12/2014 08:38 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> Enterprise class SATA and SAS drives typically still have a 5 year
> warranty.
I decided to check on the prices of said Enterprise class drives and ran
across a 500 GB drive from Amazon.  To my surprise they had a 2 year
warranty for only $5.94. Hm...

A bit later they listed the factory warranty at 5 years.   Go figure.

Not a bad deal either at $64.88 for the drive, even though it's smaller
than the state of the art and only 3 MB/s sata speed, but if you don't
need a bunch of space and want reliability it's not a bad deal.

Jim.