[ale] non-technical Linux question

Horkan Smith ale at horkan.net
Tue Feb 11 22:12:27 EST 2014

Similar to V, 1st was the Freshman Shell, 2nd was SunOS, followed by a Co-Op job w/ IBM in Boca - they used Xenix on 286's as the source code management for the OS/2 development team and I was lucky enogh to end up in the Build and Integration group for same.  That would have all been in late '86 and early '87.

I tried (unsuccessfully) to get SCO Xenix (yes, it was really once an OS, not a troll) running, maybe Esix? too; was very happy to hear about linux - maybe 0.93?  Not sure, it's been too long.  First distro was probably Slackware.

V, were you a User Assistant at Tech?  Your name (and handle) ring some very dusty bells in my head....

later!
    horkan