[ale] Winbook Tablet

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Mon Dec 29 13:33:26 EST 2014

On 12/29/2014 11:13 AM, Chuck Payne wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Microcenter is selling a 7" Windows 8.1 tablet for $60, I was just
> wondering...has anyone tried to install Linux on it? Or Run Linux of a USB Drive?

Don't know, but I thought the boot loader was locked on RT systems.  You'll need
the exact model number to search. Many of the names are so similar as to be
worthless in determining differences.  My sister has a 7" Windows tablet - x86.
 Found like 7 different models of all sorts (x86/ARM) based on the name she told me.