[ale] OT: Linux+ Course requires Silverlight

Joe Rossi josepharossi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 00:31:02 EST 2014

Sorry not sure my other reply went through (spam filters) but this is a
Western Governors University course.  It's prep for the Linux+
certification.  I don't remember if I used a Windows VM to study (I have
over 10+ years of Linux experience) for this class but whatever the pain is
to complete it, do it!  You're not going to be able to use Linux for every
single thing in your professional career and the LPI sponsored Linux+
certification was one of the more thorough exams I've taken.  I even want
to the 2nd level just for kicks.

I'm about 75% done with my BS-InfoSec from WGU.  I have very little
complaints with their infrastructure keeping in mind most that are taking
degree programs aren't headed towards a Linux-centric career so they have
to cater to the majority.  I've studied for every other course using my
Arch Linux laptop with little problems.  You'll have to use WGU's web cam
to take the proctored exams using Windows only but it's a minor
inconvenience, especially for the price of the education they provide - all
certs included in the program, testing materials from Cisco, Transcender,
CompTIA, etc.

Good luck on your degree.