[ale] ctrl-d in virt-manager?

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Tue Dec 16 17:50:07 EST 2014

On 12/16/2014 03:27 PM, Beddingfield, Allen wrote:
> Dumb question time....
> I know there are some people using KVM/virt-manager on here, so I thought I would run this one by the list:
> I am trying to figure out how to send a ctrl-d to a guest OS.  Under the "send keys"  menu, it is not one of the predefined options, and I don't see how to add one.  Obviously, hitting ctrl-d doesn't work.
>
> I'm sure there is something simple I am missing - maybe ctrl+<some other key>+d?
> \

I only use virt-manager to install an OS or for those extremely rare times when
console access is needed. Too bad the "Send Key" list doesn't include it. ;(
Immediately after it is installed, I switch to ssh to do my "1st Five Minutes"
on a server. The lack of select/paste in VNC drives me crazy.

Perhaps, I don't know, perhaps using a different video driver would work?

For daily use, access is either thru ssh or x2go.  Cntl-d works in those.