[ale] VM guest partitioning practices

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at dsservices.com
Tue Dec 9 14:49:01 EST 2014

I disagree.   One benefit to having multiple filesystems is you keep people from seeing one huge chunk and deciding it's a great dumping ground.    After more than 20 years of doing this on UNIX and more than 10 on Linux I can count on one hand the number of times I've found issues related to separate filesystems as opposed to the plethora I've seen when it is all on one.