[ale] Open suse 13 and display issues HDMI vs DVI

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 12:39:34 EST 2014

Narahari,

Are you using YaST to detect the monitor? Usually, under YaST you can
select the HDMI.  I didn't see any udev rules for monitors.

I have a user in my office that did the same thing as you with openSUSE
13.2, on his work monitors that are both VGA/DVI they work great, but when
get gets home with this Samsung HDMI, it won't come up at boot up, that he
has to unplug it and replug it in, so that the it gets auto detected.  You
might try that, then use YaST to save it as default.

On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 2:19 PM, Narahari 'n' Savitha <savithari at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Any thoughts please ?
>
> On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 12:15 AM, Narahari 'n' Savitha <savithari at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> I am using open suse 13.  Got it installed when installed it was in the
>> install fest.  At that time the display was the DVI display.  Now I don't
>> have DVI display anymore but HDMI display with resolution of 1920x1080.
>>
>> When I power of my computer I don't see any display on my monitor with
>> HDMI input.  If I conn with DVI it works fine.  I would like to use HDMI
>> directly though.
>>
>> What should I tweak so the HDMI works right ?
>>
>> Kindly advise.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> -N

Terror PUP a.k.a
Chuck "PUP" Payne

678 636 9678
openSUSE -- Terrorpup
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein
Register Linux Userid: 155363

Have you tried SUSE Studio? Need to create a Live CD,  an app you want to
package and distribute , or create your own linux distro. Give SUSE Studio
a try.