[ale] Configure serial port settings at boot

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Dec 8 11:18:10 EST 2014

----- Original Message -----

Ha Ha.

Reminds me when years ago I wrote C code in Linux and UNIX that would map pseudo ttys to
slave printers off the back of Wyse terminals. My program mapped the pseudo to the correct terminal.
When you send text to the pseudo I would send the esc code to the terminal to enable the slave port and then
I would feed the data to the terminal to be printed. I would finally send the esc code to turn off that port.

I can't remember why I had to do this. I know in one project we had to do something similar, but we did it
via Perl doing something similar. That script would read STDIN and then send the esc codes as needed.

Maybe I wrote that code as a learning exercise. Not sure now, too long ago.

Fun times , fun times....