[ale] Are the kernel developers a-holes? (was: Debian fork thoughts?)

Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet.org
Wed Dec 3 12:07:31 EST 2014

On Wed, Dec 03, 2014 at 11:50:50AM -0500, James Sumners wrote:
> But I'm going to side with the kernel developers in regard to systemd. The
> developers of systemd have a history of dumping projects no one asked for
> on the community and then not supporting them,

[citation needed]

 * A list of these "dumped" projects
 * A list of these "unsupported" projects

> ignoring valid bug reports,

[citation needed]

(I suspect there is considerable disagreement what constitutes "validity")

> or just plain abandoning them.

[citation needed]

Are you seriously saying that once someone writes some software,
they are forever obliged to continue to support it?

> But they don't do most of that before they've already managed to get
> the project to be a major dependency of other projects.

Again, [citation needed]

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy        		       pizza at shaftnet dot org
Delray Beach, FL                          ^^ (email/xmpp) ^^