[ale] forensic help needed

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Mon Aug 25 13:33:07 EDT 2014

On 08/25/2014 10:52 AM, leam hall wrote:
> BIOS problems point to MB. If that's flaky, or the connectors are
> loose or corroded, other things might be symptoms vice problems.

Or a failing PSU or intermittent short in an adapter like a video card.
Yes, I've seen a failing video card cause issues that appeared like a failing PSU.

I have a spare PSU (Seasonic 650W Bronze) on hand just for these sorts of
things.  Don't care about video much these days - the GPU has actually failed in
one of my KVM servers completely - no video output from it at all anymore -
besides that the system is rock solid and stable, so I'm not touching it. ;)