[ale] Automatic and Persistent share mount on Windows 2008 R2?

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at dsservices.com
Mon Aug 25 13:05:52 EDT 2014

Really?   Why didn't I think of that?

The original post clearly states we ARE doing CIFS shares.

It does mention NFS as an alternate idea because that is my other choice.

The question is not "HOW DO I SHARE?" but rather "HOW DO I MOUNT PERSITENTLY AND AUTOMATICALLY to the client Windows server?".

Subsequent replies were elicited further details from me to make the above clear.

One of the things that truly gripes me is that if one puts a lot of detail in a post everyone ignores it but if one excludes it then folks complain they didn't get enough information to help.

There are surely tons of clueless newbies that don't think to look at documentation or web searches before posting questions but I thought it was clear from my original post that I had in fact looked at numerous links before posting.

No one is required to help but one really ought to see if they're adding to the conversation before replying with simple one liners implying the OP is a moron.