[ale] PhreakNIC 18! (pt01/02)

Robert Reese ale at sixit.com
Sun Aug 24 13:19:33 EDT 2014

Hello JD,

> So I'm confused.  I use K9 and looked at the ascii art from that message in K9.
> Looked perfect.

I'm not saying K9 doesn't display plain-text. I'm saying it won't display HTML as plain-text only.

> OTOH, my default view for all email systems and clients is 7bit ascii.
> Simplifies life when some mail systems don't include the ascii - so I don't have
> to bother with those emails at all - they appear empty.  Big time-saver for me. ;)

Me too, whenever possible.  I don't run my own mail server, so I can't strip out HTML and attachments at that point.  My email client also displays plain-text only.  Unfortunately, I don't have - and can't find - an Android email app that lets me view my email in 100% plain-text.

> If I really, really, really want to see the html email, I can use webmail ... er
> ... which happens about 3 times a year.  The same applies to PPTX files. ;)

LOL.  Me too.  Except PowerPoint files get deleted as soon as they come in with a firebomb reply to not send attachments, only links, and especially never send me MS Office files.  PDF works very well, particularly with PowerPoint.  If I did run my own mail server, that process would be automated.

Cheers,
Robert~