[ale] Managing passwd and sudoers files on multiple servers.

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Fri Aug 22 12:16:42 EDT 2014

Last night at the OpenStack meetup, the presenter said they were using Ansible
to manage their infrastructure, but had gotten a requirement from a few of the
200 locations in his case study example to support puppet. Different purposes in
their world - ansible managing the openstack infrastructure and puppet being
used to manage the individually created systems.a

It isn't that puppet couldn't be used 100% or that ansible could do the jobs -
it is about the cost of people learning something new, not screwing it up and
the cost of opportunities lost due to any change.  Much easier to just have
both, provided they don't try to manage the same settings ... with different
values. ;)