[ale] Next CentOS-7.0 question

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 14:47:29 EDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 2:40 PM, Beddingfield, Allen <allen at ua.edu> wrote:

> Things like this are the reason I jumped ship to XFCE quite a while back.
> I would consider not being able to store files on the desktop an absolute
> deal breaker.  My desktop looks like an early 90s Mac user's desktop...lol
> I pretty much use my desktop as my default storage location for
> everything.  Everyone who sits down at my computer hates it...and I get
> told that it is a bad habit...but like most bad habits, I'm not going to
> stop!

HA! At one point I realized I spent to much time moving windows around to
_SEE_ my desktop to find the next file I wanted (I still had 8 virtual
desktops and full-screen <something> on all of them). So I forced myself to
make better use of folders. By the time the "always clean desktop"
mentality rolled around, I was already nearly there anyway.