[ale] [WAY THE HELL OFF TOPIC] -- but accurate

Sean Kilpatrick kilpatms at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 20:15:03 EDT 2014

This graf is from an article on trying to be a "hypermiler" in a Honda
Insight -- in Atlanta:

"The speed thing was especially a problem for us, because we conducted
this test in Atlanta, where the speed limit is 55 miles per hour – a
number we decided to stay close to for efficiency purposes. Unfortunately,
no one in Atlanta goes 55 miles per hour. Little old ladies don't go 55.
Church vans don't go 55. Even an illegal immigrant driving a stolen car
with a trunk full of cocaine and human body parts would be pushing 70.
And no one would give him a second look."

http://jalopnik.com/here-s-what-happened-when-i-went-hypermiling-in-a-
honda-1621059406

Sean