[ale] burning blu-ray discs

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Wed Aug 13 15:06:21 EDT 2014

On 08/13/2014 10:25 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> M-Disc Bluray Recordable Media 25 GB Branded (25 Disc Pack) $130

Guess I'm just confused by optical media these days. It isn't cheaper, isn't as
convenient, it isn't re-writable 100,000x AND costs more than a spinning disk.

I suppose if there are HIPPA or other regulatory requirements, but in a house?
What am I missing?

BTW, I have over 1,000 backup DVDs here (mix of 4.7 and 8G) ... but stopped
using optical when HDDs became less expensive.  Slowly moving those to 2+TB HDDs
that can be connected via a USB3 dock.

Can someone please enlighten me?