[ale] [OT] comcast blues/meltdown

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 22:14:49 EDT 2014

We had some minor problem with Comcast here in Gwinnett and my wife was
not very happy with the results of the customer non-support on the
phone. A little later she gets a call that was a survey on customer
satisfaction with the recent support call. She basically gave the tech
all lowest scores (1 was the worst) and in the comment part of the
survey said that she felt the tech was not competent and was unable to
resolve the problem. Five minutes later we get a call from some Customer
Service Manager very apologetic and she resolved the problem and cut
back the price of package. When my wife hung up she and I just stared at
each other with a WTF just happened. I'm not sure if that was just an
area thing as since then we've had good results with Customer Service
and still get the survey calls right after.

Scott C.

On 08/01/2014 08:27 PM, Scott McBrien wrote:
> They have a corporate 800 line for Philly that they'll refer you to when you're having a terrible experience.  I don't remember if I wrote them a complaint email or called their corporate office to get it.
>
> -Scott
>
>> On Aug 1, 2014, at 5:40 PM, Sean Kilpatrick <kilpatms at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone here know of a contact person within the local Comcast
>> disaster who actually understands how the system works?
>>
>> First the comcast billing computer hiccupped and failed to ding the credit
>> card for May and June -- when we were out of down. Then it hit the account
>> for non-payment fees.  I was not amused.  Finally got that mess
>> straightened out.  Then one of the Hi-def cable boxes died.  Went over to
>> the new Buckhead office and picked up a replacement.  That box would not
>> accept the hookup signal from Comcast.  Got a techie to come out (4.5
>> hours late) who poked around for a few minutes and then told me the
>> problem wasn't with the box or any of the equipment in the house.  The
>> problem was with Comcast's billing computer, which wasn't letting the Hi-
>> def signal through to the new box because there was nothing on the billing
>> statement to signify I was paying for  hi-def service.  WTF!  We have been
>> receiving the hi-def signal since we moved into the condo as it is part of
>> the contract the condo has with Comcast -- or at least that's what I
>> thought.  As soon as the techie replaced the unworkable hi-def box with a
>> "regular" cable box, the signal was there.
>> So I went back out to the Comcast office in Buckhead and insisted on talking
>> to the office manager -- who had NO CLUE what I was talking about.  Her first
>> thought was to install a signal booster!  I didn't bother to point out
>> that signal strength is the FIRST thing the techie  checks. Said she would
>> contact someone further up the technical side and have them call me.
>>

>> Didn't happen.
>>
>> I'm hoping against hope that somewhere within the local comcast
>> clusterfuck there is someone (I just need one!) who understands the
>> underlying problem.
>>
>> Does anyone here know if such a person actually exists?
>>
>> Sean

Sent from my Fedora Linux PC to you, NSA, the CIA, FBI, HSA and God only knows who else?!