[ale] Fwd: [freeside] It's Official: Atlanta Maker Faire (Not Mini!)

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 09:06:29 EDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Randy Farmer <randy.farmer at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 10:27 AM
Subject: [freeside] It's Official: Atlanta Maker Faire (Not Mini!)
To: Freeside Atlanta <freesideatlanta at googlegroups.com>

Full announcement at http://makerfaireatl.com/official

You may have deduced from the fact that because we had over 10,000
attendees last year or the fact that we’re now a two day event or the fact
that we’ve moved to Downtown Decatur that the Atlanta Mini Maker Faire is
now Maker Faire Atlanta, but if not, *LISTEN UP*!

Atlanta is joining the ranks of Rome, Detroit, Shenzhen, Kansas City,
Paris, Oslo, and a few others as one of the world’s ten “Featured Faires.”
To distinguish them from “Flagship Faires,” which happen in the Bay Area
and New York, Featured Faires are large scale (10,000+ attendees and 200+
makers) Faires that are organized by the location that hosts them. Most
Featured Faires are organized by museums and science centers, but Atlanta
has the distinction of being the first Faire that has grown from a “Mini”
to a Featured Faire through purely volunteer work. *We are homegrown, we
are community-grounded, we are the only Featured Faire in the Southeast US,
and one of only three in the WORLD that is free to attend!*

freesideatlanta at googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/freesideatlanta

"Freeside Atlanta" group.
email to freesideatlanta+unsubscribe at googlegroups.com.