[ale] PGP Key servers timing out

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 17:13:48 EDT 2014

Just recently I went to verify 2 signature files the first a few days
ago and the other today. Both times I got timeout errors. Today's
specific error is;

gpg: requesting key 9741E8AC from hkp server pgp.mit.edu
gpg: keyserver timed out
gpg: keyserver receive failed: keyserver error

I was trying to verify the signature file for the current Arch Linux
base image when doing this. I get same results whether I do it su'd to
root or as my user. Googleing the error had brought up some really old
info that didn't seem to apply when searching for answers the first
time. I had given up with the idea that I would try at a later date on
the idea that maybe the issues could be heartbleed related, but if that
were the case I would think that it would have been resolved by now, so
I'm assuming that it's something that I don't have setup right. Can
anyone shed some light on this?

Scott C.

--
Sent to you NSA, the CIA, FBI and God only knows who else?!