[ale] android test editor/reader

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Tue Apr 29 16:54:38 EDT 2014

In all seriousness I used it because it can handle long lines without
wrapping them.  Very handy when trying to deal with long keys.  For
example, I needed to load a key for IMAPS onto the phone and the only
way it was going in correctly was copy/paste.  I was able to move a text
file onto the phone with the key in it, then open the file in VimTouch,
yank the one long line to the clipboard without having the software
"helpfully" add line breaks, and paste that into the email client.

But I just tried using it again right now and it's not liking the SD
card.  My phone just updated to KitKat recently so I think that's the
main issue.  It's not able to read or write files from the SD card at
all but it has no problem with the phone's internal storage.  I think
the author is going to need to rewrite some of it.  If I could get my
phone rooted properly then it wouldn't be an issue (alas, bootloader
locked, no workarounds yet.)