[ale] OT: Comcast Wi-Fi

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy.bouse at UnderGrid.net
Fri Apr 25 14:44:23 EDT 2014

On 24.04.2014 14:40, Boris Borisov wrote:
> Yesterday Ive noticed Comcast silently enabled additional wireless
> network on my cable router named "xfinitywifi". I didnt get the
> reason
> behind the idea but is open with web based login. Someone else with
> same issue.

I avoid this very type of thing by using my customer-owned device that
has no wifi just a straight DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem with a personal
wifi/router behind it that Comscat has ZERO access to. That said I also
haven't had a month yet this year where my usage was less than
300GB/month.