[ale] [OT?]Latitude E-series docking station?

Jeremy T. Bouse Jeremy.Bouse at UnderGrid.net
Thu Apr 24 09:43:16 EDT 2014

On 04/24/2014 08:57 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 8:50 AM, Dustin Strickland
> <dustin.h.strickland at gmail.com <mailto:dustin.h.strickland at gmail.com>>
> wrote:
>
>     Sounds great. I've been wanting a setup like that for a while, just
>     can't find it in the budget. I was thinking about getting a Lenovo
>     W510 or W520 and a docking station to replace my main desktop
>     machine and this laptop, but I'm a little iffy about using laptops
>     for a main machine. Can't stick expansion cards in them and the
>     storage can be less than reliable. Maybe if I got a second HDD bay to
>     go in the optical drive space that I wouldn't use I could deal with it.
>

> The W520 is a _NICE_ machine! I had one when I was at IBM and loved it.
> Quad-core I7 with 16GB RAM and a really nice screen and the extended
> battery. Granted I ran a ton of stuff all the time including multiple
> VMs for testing so my battery life was less than 3 hours. But it's a
> very solid desktop replacement.

My E6510 is a Quad-Core i7 vPro with 8GB RAM and the 9-cell extended
battery that gives me over 4 hours of battery life. This is one of my
personal laptops, the other 2 are just Dell Inspirons.

My E7240 is a Dual-Core i5  with 8GB RAM and 256GB SS with the standard
battery and still I get over 4 hours battery life. This is my work
laptop provided to me.