[ale] [OT] Cygwin and mounted drives

Jeff Layton laytonjb at att.net
Thu Apr 17 07:23:57 EDT 2014

Good morning,

It appears that I can ask this question here but I put on my
flame-proof undies just in case.

I've installed cygwin on my WIndows 8.0 laptop. I'm using it to
run some disk/storage benchmarks (IOzone). I've built and
run IOzone successfully against the laptop drive (C:) but here
comes the complicating part. I'm using something called
Dokan SSHFS to mount a Linux file system on the laptop.
It uses SSH (STFP actually) and FUSE to mount a remote
file system on the client. DOKAN SSH is the Windows version
of SSHFS for Linux.

I can mount the Linux partition just fine on the laptop and
it's mounted as N:. I can see the files, open them, etc. But
when I try to "cd" to the drive in cygwin, it can't find it.
I tried "cd /cygdrive/n" and it doesn't exist. I've googled
around a bit and there are places that talk about mounting
network drives (SMB I assume), but nothing about SSHFS.

I realize the question is rather specific and niche, but I have
virtually no experience with cygwin except for a couple of
hours.

TIA!

Jeff