[ale] [OT] Science Fiction

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at dsservices.com
Mon Apr 14 10:24:02 EDT 2014

I feel really old because I read most of Niven’s stuff years ago.

The Pierson’s Puppeteers were the race with the hindmost.   Another good race were the ones that evolved from big cats called the Kzin.

Niven has also written some funny (and well reasoned essays) on things such as why time travel and teleportation would be difficult if not impossible and what happens to the roof of the Kent’s home when superboy goes through puberty.  :-)

You should also check out the book’s Larry co-authored with Jerry Pournelle such as Lucifer’s hammer – really good reading as well.