[ale] Linux on UEFI mother boards

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Tue Sep 24 19:59:58 EDT 2013

On 09/24/2013 07:10 PM, Ron Frazier (ALE) wrote:

> However, based on my reading, I think Windows 8 requires secure boot.

Windows8 must be shipped on systems with SecureBoot installed per the OEM
agreement, but it does NOT need to remain enabled. Disable in the BIOS.

If you are building a system, SecureBoot is NOT required.

Of course, this is based on the ubuntu UEFI and Win8 install docs.

I don't think of UEFI as a bad thing, it is just a new thing.  GPT partitioning
is definitely a great thing and Windows requires UEFI to make use of it.