[ale] Anybody know office overhead in Atlanta?

Scott McBrien smcbrien at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 20:08:13 EDT 2013

Here's a rough, ROUGH estimate.

In Buckhead you pay about $25/sqft/yr for a full service lease (that includes taxes, insurance, and usually janitorial).  On top of that you have to pay for utilities.  Most big buildings will take their estimated electricity and water and have you pay a part of that based on your square footage.  Then you're responsible for your own internet (though there's usually only one provider), telephony, cable/satellite.  I saw an announcement about a utility rate increase a while back, I want to say its something like $1.40/ft for utilities and about $200/mo for very basic internet.  We use VoIP phones, so no telephony charges there.

So if it's 26.90/ft/year including utilities, you can figure out how much it is per month for the workspace size you're expecting.  Then add your other extras in top of that and there you go.

If you need a buildout, the cost will be calculated (with a 10-12% interest rate) and added to your lease rate over the term of your lease.

-Scott