[ale] [OT] Good cable modem to connect to Comcast?

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Wed Sep 18 23:42:45 EDT 2013

I haven't been following the thread and just read this last post, so I
apologize if this is off base.  But, put your own router before the
cable modem and you can set it's dns settings to whatever you want.  You
can also program the network settings for each computer and wifi ssid or
network cable to use open dns if you like.  In these cases, it won't
matter what the cable modem is doing.

Ron

On 9/18/2013 10:16 PM, cdcoleman wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> Which WiFi router are you using? Is it getting DNS settings from
> uverse? I want to change the DNS settings to use OpenDNS to block
> sites from the kids. Do you know if it's possible?
>
>  Thanks,
> Chris Coleman

Ron Frazier
770-205-9422 (O)   Leave a message.