[ale] Linux for senior citizens

Beddingfield, Allen allen at ua.edu
Wed Sep 18 15:39:25 EDT 2013

What is her primary purpose for the computer?  (Does she mainly do web browsing?).   You may want to factor in any Windows specific software she may have hanging around, if you haven't already thought of it.  I have run into a lot of recipe database applications, etc.. when dealing with older clients.  Also is she going to be able to get by with shaky Adobe Flash support at best?
If she just wants dead simple/easy to use, put on an easy desktop.  The XFCE that ships with OpenSUSE is pretty similar to Windows 2000/Windows XP-Vista with "classic mode" start menu enabled.
It is my personal preference for ease of use.
Allen B.

--
Allen Beddingfield
Systems Engineer