[ale] [OT] [way OT] dealing with funky problems in hyundai vehicles

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Mon Sep 16 09:12:53 EDT 2013

Been doing it since it's brand new. I had in several times under warranty, and they basically said it was working per design.
It's been more a minor annoyance than anything else.
I'm not looking for a fix.
After 190,000 miles, the car is still going strong and I have no real complaints.
-jt

>>> "Ron Frazier (ALE)" <atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com> 9/14/2013   11:33 PM >>>
I'm no expert, but, assuming the compressor works, your refrigerant could be either under charged or over charged.  It will cut off either way.  You might want to have a mechanic drain and recharge it.  Then check to make sure your electric radiator fan(s) turn on when the ac turns on and, in particular, that the fan that's next to the ac condenser coil is blowing.  If the condenser coil gets too hot, the ac will also cut off.

The heater is a mystery.  Things to check would include, radiator fluid level, radiator clogging, heater core clogging, potentially stuck open radiator thermostat (keeps engine too cool), and the mechanism which controls the hot cold air mixing when you twist the temperature knob in the cabin.  You could also check to make sure the water pump is circulating plenty of fluid.

Now, as to how easy those things would be to check, that's another matter.

Sincerely,

Ron