[ale] [OT] Help! burned cd playback wave clipped, original wave perfect

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Mon Sep 9 20:16:32 EDT 2013

Hi Neal,

Thanks for the tip.  I was able to solve the problem I had using the mic input on the laptop, once I figured out how to set it. I'll keep the usb dongle in mind.  I have some really cheap ones of those from amazon (no name brand) for a few dollars each.  Those had mono inputs, and I needed stereo.  The one you mentioned might be better.

In terms of the equipment, I had a dual cassette deck line out hooked into an amp, then the line output of the amp hooked to the laptop.  The main problem was that, when I set the controls of the mic input on the laptop one way, it clipped even though the overall level was not too high, and when I set it the other way, it worked.  It was quite confusing.

Sincerely,

Ron