[ale] Computer Architecture class?

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Thu Sep 5 13:15:18 EDT 2013

In regard to Michael's comment, I've threatened to buy this book a few times but haven't:

http://www.amazon.com/Art-Assembly-Language-Randall-Hyde/dp/1593272073

It looks pretty good thumbing through it at the book store.  I cannot speak to how it compares to other books.  I've never been willing to devote the time to it to learn it, and I like gui's, so I've never bought it.  I think it would be intellectually interesting though.  I learned 6502 assembly language way back in college.  I like the idea of blazing fast code, but with modern processors, you don't pay as much of a penalty for high level language.

Ron