[ale] Shaping Problem

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Thu Oct 31 18:49:19 EDT 2013

I can't help you with the script specifically.  However, I just wanted to mention that an Asus consumer router that I'm using has built in bandwidth control.  I'm using it to limit my download bandwidth of all my devices to 15 Mb/s on a 25 Mb/s connection while my wife uses her work vpn on a different router.  That way she has a substantial portion of bandwidth always available.  I also have a prioritizing lan switch which prioritizes her outbound traffic over mine.  If you don't get your script working, maybe this type of hardware will help you.  I can get you model numbers if you need them.

Sincerely,

Ron