[ale] Can Bad Video Settings Fry LCD Monitors?

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Thu Oct 31 09:35:25 EDT 2013

I owned a dual-CPU Celeron "server" in 2000 that had those bad capacitors.

This was one of the first multi-CPU systems (SMP) that home users could easily
afford. After a few years of 24/7 uses (headless, just power and ping sitting in
a closet). One day is died. Never booted again.  By that point, the cheap
capacitor issue was well known.  Looked at the MB and saw that most of the caps
had leaked.

The RH "server" was in rpm-hell anyway, time for a change ... to SUSE. ;)