[ale] Somewhat OT - MicroSD linux/android - flakey

Michael B. Trausch mbt at naunetcorp.com
Mon Oct 28 10:38:38 EDT 2013

On 10/28/2013 10:24 AM, Neal Rhodes wrote:
> HTC has not provided much insight, they just say maybe the SD card is
> intermittently shot, and get another Class 4 or class 6 card. That
> would be cheap and the best answer.
>
> The less attractive answer is the SD contacts in the phone are going
> south.
>
> Anybody got experience with an SD that is iffy in a phone, but not
> iffy in a desktop?
>
> Any Vendors better than others?

The best way to tell is to migrate the data and replace it; if the
problem persists then it's the phone, otherwise, it was the card.

Cards do go bad over time.  Two years is a decent run for an SD card
that sees daily use, IMHO.  I don't use them in production for more than
several dozen passes of writes, and I prefer to use them in append-only
applications when possible.

     --- Mike

--
Naunet Corporation Logo 	Michael B. Trausch

President, *Naunet Corporation*
? (678) 287-0693 x130 or (855) NAUNET-1 x130
FAX: (678) 783-7843