[ale] Any language (wuz: Assembly Language?)

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 21:55:05 EDT 2013

Python doesn't use tabs - it uses consistent indentation.  TPTB (Guido, the
BDFL) recommend tabs, but I write Python with 4-space indents.

And it keeps be from having to deal with previous code that mixes if-else
clauses without braces-around-blocks - a capital offense, IMNSHO

On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 9:40 PM, Jim Lynch <ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com>wrote:

> On 10/26/2013 09:23 AM, Charles Shapiro wrote:
>
>> You've seen this ( http://me.veekun.com/blog/**
>> 2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-**bad-design/<http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/>), right?
>>
> I will never use a language that requires tabs.  Tabs are absolutely the
> scourge of programming.  They are completely foreign to any rational
> layouts.  They are so 60's.  Python sucks so bad it's pathetic.  Php has
> warts true.  But it can be used to get the job done.  If Python ever gets
> curly braces I'll use it but not as long as it remains in the distant past
> using an arcaic typewriter structure.
>
> Jim.
>
> Think anyone knows I don't like tabs. ;)

Pete Hardie
--------
Better Living Through Bitmaps