[ale] Fedora install?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 09:16:54 EDT 2013

On Oct 25, 2013 8:43 AM, "Jim Lynch" <ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com> wrote:

> On 10/24/2013 10:18 AM, Beddingfield, Allen wrote:
>>
>> Microsoft prefers SLES as a HyperV guest, and they still have some sort
of a weird licensing arrangement with them.

> That statement in itself is enough to sour me on ever wanting to run
SLES.  I don't trust MS.

> Jim.

It's not that bad. When Novell was SuSE lord and master, Novell bought a
"licence" from M$ for some chunk of tech Redmond was claiming rights to. So
there's a business history between them already .
RedHat is far more of a threat than SuSE so there's no way M$ will
"support" the use of RHEL in any form. Ubuntu is not yet seen as "data
center ready" (nor are most other distros though Debian is used and Ubuntu
is growing) so SLES gets the nod.