[ale] Fedora grousing

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 11:55:33 EDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 11:48 AM, Beddingfield, Allen <allen at ua.edu> wrote:

> I'm no avid Red Hat fan (more of a SUSE guy), but I'm glad to hear that
> they are FINALLY putting in some proper support for XFS as the default
> filesystem in 7.x...at least that is what I have heard.  We've been using
> XFS for everything except /boot on SLES for years now....with no additional
> charge, and no restrictions about it being used for /.  I hope they will
> finally make this a possibility with RHEL.

XFS has been an option since early RHEL6 for anything BUT /boot. I'll be
happy when they backport the fix for ext4 to support common drive array
sizes (bigger than 14TB) . OK, so I just throw XFS at them but it's a fix
that should have been done 2 years ago.

James P. Kinney III
*
It won't fatten the dog.