[ale] Fedora grousing

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 10:29:07 EDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 9:51 AM, Scott McBrien <smcbrien at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think its great that you guys are using Fedora, but cornering devs at shows is not the best way to advance your agenda.  Filing bugs is one way, but that's just complaining in a different format, it's like being a level zero contributor.  Level one would be signing up for some test days.  But if you really want a voice in the direction of the distro, you need to get in earlier than gold spin.  There is a Fedora QE team, its relatively low impact, but would get you interacting with the devs in a more constructive fashion.

Guess what? That requires time most people don't have. Telling the
person who is responsible for the problem that it is a problem should
be enough. It doesn't matter if that is speaking to them at a
conference or filing a bug report. Essentially becoming a member of
the Fedora team is not normally an option.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

CH:D 59