[ale] Anybody have a good intermediate tutorial in regexp

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Wed Oct 23 08:37:59 EDT 2013

The O'Reilly books don't do it? There are 3
* http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9780596528126.do is probably the level you want.
There is a cookbook too.

I suppose we can all learn more -- mainly a best practices guide to make regex
maintainable.  I've seen some recommendations inside the O'Reilly _Perl Best
Practices_ book to solve that. A full book on regex is like taking a full
semester class in trig, when 2 weeks of trig is all anyone really needs. I'd
expect a good bash book to have a section on best practices for regex too.