[ale] Ale subscribers

Adrya Stembridge adrya.stembridge at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 12:52:33 EDT 2013

> [several days worth of arguing]

TL;DR.

Incessant arguing and impoliteness is what helped kill NNTP, imho.  I'm
seeing the same phenomenon happen on ALE.  Maybe it's a generational thing.

Nobody likes to listen to two grown men (or women) argue except for those
doing the arguing.

I'm a newb to the list and still have a lot to learn as far as Linux goes.
 I joined to draw on the experience of others.

I will remain on list but hope moderation can be utilized to squelch some
of the non-productive bickering.   I enjoy the topical, educational
discussions (and the occasional polite OT threads) and hope the list
returns to form soon.  I don't mind reading a disagreement, but when it
goes on for days it gets old.

end delurk.