[ale] Ale subscribers

Michael B. Trausch mbt at naunetcorp.com
Wed Oct 16 00:11:02 EDT 2013

On 10/15/2013 10:48 PM, Aaron Ruscetta wrote:
> At this point I think we need to make the invitation.

/Given your propensity for calm and collect here, should we nominate you
in his place?/

*I move to quash the motion*.  I think that Jim has done his job
_*quite*_ well, and far better than I could ever have had the patience
to do.  He found a compromise solution that involves absolutely zero
censorship.  Others called for the targeted moderation of individuals.
In response, Jim stated:
> If I moderate 1 person, I'm moderating everyone until the s/n ratio is
> better. No more OT posts. I'll make an ale-chat that's a free for all
> (I won't be subscribing to it). No more tantrums about <pick a topic>.
He's merely created a new list for the off-topic stuff---thereby
_*moderating nobody at all*_.  This way everyone has the _/*FREEDOM*/_
to tune-in---or not---to their heart's content.  Discuss whatever,
that's the list on which to do it.

It would therefore seem to me that Jim has in fact met your demands more
than sufficiently---if not perfectly. After all, what Jim has done is in
fact quite democratic, allowing all who wish to "chat" to do so while
enabling those who wish to exchange information and education the
ability to have the time to do so. Sounds like a win/win to me.

As an aside, looking through archives, I see no gap in meeting history
that was in any way, shape or form unreasonable.

In support of Jim's idea, I have removed my graphic from the signature
and will endeavour to do so for each message I post.

    --- Mike

--

	Michael B. Trausch

President, *Naunet Corporation*
? (678) 287-0693 x130 or (855) NAUNET-1 x130
FAX: (678) 783-7843