[ale] Ale subscribers

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 19:59:01 EDT 2013

Sorry, Aaron. It seems you missed the point.

ALE is dying. The group is sustained by members and they have been leaving
in droves. The group is close to needing life support.

The massive overload of single-source OT posts is acting like the angel of
death for ALE. Thus the raising of the iron fist of moderation.

I can't sit in the closest thing there is to a drivers seat and watch the
cliff get closer and closer without doing something. When ALE blew up over
politics, I heard both sides and took a hard, no preferences stance and did
just what I'm doing now. I'm saying 'NO MORE CRAP POSTS BECAUSE IT'S
DRIVING AWAY OUR PEOPLE!'

If enough people royally pitch a fit over my attempted Hail Mary Save the
List effort, I'll gladly pass the torch and move on.