[ale] Ale subscribers

Aaron Ruscetta arxaaron at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 17:54:31 EDT 2013

I strongly disapprove of the DICTATORIAL tone of the list moderator.
"Pulling the plug" is NOT THEIR DECISION, nor that of any single
member or volunteer. It would be a decision of the group executed
with due process.

If you no longer want to contribute or volunteer time to the needed
moderator or admin duties, then step aside and make room for
someone else to do the job.

I also strongly disapprove of any content censorship or "rules",
especially when those are set by a single person who would assume
they can be the DICTATOR  simply because they are presently the
moderator. If the you don't want to moderate the list because you can't
be the DICTATOR, then step aside.  It you want to be an equitable
moderator, then call for democratic input on what courtesies should
be expected here or step aside and invite someone else to volunteer
who would maintain the list in an equitable and democrative manner.

My view is ALE is a mirror of the anarchy, meritocracy and community
ideals that created and sustain the Open Source Software movement.
As a long time contributor to this group, I believe it is the responsibility
of supporting volunteers and the expectation for participating members
to respect those ideals.  This means that anyone in a moderator role
should moderate our resources with moderation.

in peace,
aaron