[ale] mint 13 vm running out of storage space

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Mon Oct 14 13:33:37 EDT 2013

Ain't it great to have a linux listserv so you can humiliate yourself more widely rather than limiting yourself to the immediate physical vicinity?
-jt

On 10/14/2013 12:06 PM, JD wrote:
> I have many VMs here ... let me check all the currently running machines/VMs ...
> every last one of them has an SMP kernel even though most have 1 vCPU assigned
> and have never seen more.  Perhaps that is a Server install thing?  Don't really
> use desktops anymore.
>
> Perhaps TinyCore or Puppy or router distros don't use SMP?

I think SMP-aware kernels have been the default for at least a couple of
years now.  I can't remember when I read about it, but I seem to recall
a thread on LKML that talked about turning it on by default (at least on
ix86/x86-64).

    --- Mike

--
Naunet Corporation Logo 	Michael B. Trausch

President, *Naunet Corporation*
? (678) 287-0693 x130 or (855) NAUNET-1 x130
FAX: (678) 783-7843

If this is an unsolicited spam message, please click this link to report it: http://control.eastcobbgroup.com:49285/contents/spamreport.shtml?rptid=37903&srvid=16vl15t